This easy recipe takes only 30 minutes to make. It works great as a packed lunch for work or school. You can also serve it as a side dish with spicy chicken or lamb. This recipe yields 4 servings and is low in cholesterol.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 300g Quinoa, rinsed
- 600ml boiling Water
- 50g toasted Almond flakes
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the ground coriander and turmeric.
- Fry for about 1 minute to release the aromas.
- Add the quinoa and fry for another minute. The quinoa will make a light popping sound.
- Add the water, turn heat down, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the water has reduced completely, take off the heat. When the quinoa is cooked, a white halo will be visible around each grain.
- Cool slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix through.
- You can serve this salad hot or cold.
Notes: Feel free to be adventurous. Add ingredients like chickpeas, kidney beans, arugula, peppers, chicken or lamb.
Source: Good Food .com