I have found that over the past few years the number of people diagnosed with a mental disorder has increased drastically. I am not sure if the numbers have increased due to more people developing a disorder or if people feel more at ease to come “out of the closet”.
There is no shame in having a mental disorder, you are not weird or crazy! Mental disorders are mostly treatable and you can carry on with a fairly normal lifestyle. The key is to live a healthy lifestyle, by eating the correct food, drinking lots of water and exercising.
Here is a list of mental health disorders and their characteristics:
- Eating disorder – The two main eating disorders you get is anorexia and bulimia. Anorexia is where an individual is not eating enough due to their fear of food or their fear of being over weight. Bulimia is where an individual usually over eats and then either makes themselves sick, taking laxative, over exercising or starves themselves. The main symptom of both anorexia and bulimia is being severely under weight.
- ADHD – is mostly diagnosed in children with numerous adults undiagnosed for most of their lives. The main symptoms are impulsiveness, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. A person with ADHD finds it difficult to focus, finish work, struggle with relationships and in some cases have problems with communication.
- Anxiety/ panic disorder – Anxiety prepares the body to respond to an emergency by speeding up the mind and body, this can have severe effects on your health. There are numerous symptoms of anxiety but your main symptoms are rapid heartbeat, sweating, constant stomach problems, insomnia, dizziness and irritability.
- Depression – is a disorder that you accumulate over a period of time, which usually started out as anxiety. Depression is tricky as anything can be a trigger. The main symptoms of depression is loss of energy, sadness that doesn’t go away, hopelessness, avoiding other people, insomnia, loss of appetite, aches and pains, self-harm and finding it difficult to complete tasks.
- Bipolar disorder – is where an individual experiences extreme highs (feeling energizes, happy and exited) and then extreme lows (feeling depressed, unmotivated and lonely). There are different stages to bipolar disorder and each person experiences it differently.
- Schizophrenia – I believe, is the trickiest of the bunch. Schizophrenia is where an individual’s thoughts, emotions and behavior are disturbed. People suffering from Schizophrenia will never be 100% or even 70% cured, even if they are on the strongest and best medicine there is. The main symptoms of schizophrenia are hallucinations, delusions, feeling that they are being controlled by “outside” forces, tiredness, lack of concentration, aggression and a lack of motivation.
Seeking out treatment for a mental disorder is the best thing you can do. Some mental disorders start small and can end up ruining your life. Ozone therapy can help you on your journey. Ozone therapy has proven to aid in fighting inflammation and pain, improve blood circulation, improve brain function, alleviate headaches, reduce chances of developing hormonal problems, reduce stress, anxiety and depression, helps fight insomnia, relieves signs and symptoms of ADD and ADHD, enhances concentration, improves memory and improves vitamin and mineral absorption in the body.
Will you be visiting your doctor?