This delicious Italian Pizza recipe is easy to make. Each serving/ pizza contains about 500 calories. This recipe yields 6-8 servings.
- Knob of butter
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 250g full-fat crème fraîche
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated
- 4 ripe Figs, cut into chunks
- 125g ball Mozzarella, roughly torn
- 2 handfuls Rocket
- 6 slices Prosciutto, torn into strips
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- For the dough
- 400g strong White bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7g sachet dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- In a mixing bowl. Mix the flour, salt and yeast.
- In a jug mix 250ml water with oil. Than add to the flour mixture.
- Mix until a wet dough has formed. If the dough is too dry add some more water.
- Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- In a pan. Heat the butter and add the shallots. Set aside when soft.
- Preheat the oven to 220℃.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and kneed gently until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Roll out each ball to a thin circle.
- Place on floured baking trays.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the crème fraîche, parmesan, shallots with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Spread over the dough and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, toss the figs, prosciutto, rocket and mozzarella.
- Remove pizzas from the oven and top with fig & prosciutto mixture. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: BBC Good Food