This delicious vegetarian recipe is can be completed in 45 minutes and yields 4 servings.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp Ras el hanout/ Garam Masala
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 55g (1/3 cup) Currants
- 400g can chopped Tomatoes
- 685ml (2 3/4 cups) Water
- 3 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Harissa paste
- 800g Pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
- 80g (1/2 cup) Pearl couscous
- 2 tsp Preserved lemon rind, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander, to serve
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- In a heavy-based casserole dish, heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook stirring for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ras el hanout, cinnamon and currants. Cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the can tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, honey and harissa paste. Stir to combine.
- Add the pumpkin and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn pumpkin half way.
- When the pumpkin is nice and tender, add the pearl couscous, preserved lemon and 1 1/4 cups water. Simmer for a further 12 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide Tagine into equal amounts. Top with coriander and serve as soon as possible with yogurt.
Source: Taste Australia