I have chosen a delicious vegetarian dessert to end off our vegetarian recipe month. This little dish is easy to prepare and can easily be doubled. This recipe yields 2 servings.
- 3 tsp Instant coffee granules
- 3 tbsp Coffee liqueur (or Coffee Essence)
- 250g tub Mascarpone
- 85g Condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4-6 sponge fingers
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- In a jug, combine the coffee granules with 2 tbsp boiling water. Stir to combine.
- Then add the coffee liqueur and 75ml cold water.
- Pour liquid into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile start with the cream layer. In a mixing bowl, with and electric mixer, beat the mascarpone, condensed milk and vanilla essence until thick and smooth.
- Divide the sponge fingers into 2-3 pieces and soak in the coffee mixture for a 2-3 seconds on each side.
- Now start with your construction. You can make one tart, or two. You can use sundae glasses, small glasses, ramekins, anything that you think will work.
- Place the soaked biscuits at the bottom of your glass/ ramekin.
- Top with the cream. You can add more layers of biscuits if you like.
- Decorate with a light sift of cocoa powder and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour or until set.
Source: BBC Good Food